26 August 2011

In my field of paper flowers

   So been surprisingly busy with many things. A few weeks ago it was my grandmothers birthday and I made five paper hibiscus's, I'm very pleased how well they turned out, also my sister helped with a couple. Hand wrote a nice letter on parchment paper and cut out and drew my own border, it took hours (I blurred out the writing). I was going to seal it but didn't have the proper wax and thus forming a stain of wax made from a candle, but it gave it character I suppose. Since I write with a fountain pen and ink I should really invest in sealing wax and a press seal.


I was just in the origami making mode and made a lotus flower.  Getting in the crafty mood is always fun, I tend to enjoy it a bit and go all out and want to do a bunch of things. I'm really going to need to learn how to sew, because more and more things are starting to rip and thus the need to acquire that skill has become a bit of a necessity. I have this old antique nightstand with a hidden sewing machine inside, hopefully it works and might prove to be useful. I've heard they are great machines though, needs a good cleaning that Singer does.

 No new shopping done in last while, except getting a new pair of tights and suspenders. I bought my wee cousin a birthday gift taking up most of my savings. So on goes the search for a job and thrift stores. I've only discovered one thrift store a few miles from my house. I've been eying it every time we drive by, most often it's dark, so everything is closed. Hope there are more tales to tell quite soon. Au Revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment